Sunday, January 27, 2008

I've Got Pockets!

Alexandra's newest obsession is POCKETS - pants pockets, shirt pockets, coat pockets, Mommy's pockets, and Daddy's pockets. "Look Mommy, I've got my hands in my pockets" she said to me the other morning.
When my nephew Nicolas was two, he received a pair of cargo pants for Christmas. I remember this like it was yesterday - he was so excited he said "Look at all the pockets!"
I had to take her to the doc about 2 weeks ago - she got to pick a toy out of the treasure chest. And what did she do? Nope, there was no playing with the purple plastic frog - she put it right in her pocket.
This leads me to my latest pondering about the 2-year old brain...could pockets and caves be related? Small dark spaces where precious items can kept safe and sound? I think I might be on to something here.
PS - Let me know what you think of the song. It was a very nice discovery to go along with the post...I love it!

8 comments:

Dena said...

Hi DeeDee,

I love how the song goes so perfectly with this post! My babies are 12 and 18 so those sweet days of lil' pockets are all but a distant memory. Now they want moneies for their lil' pockets, LOL! Thank you so much for the chicken tips and I will thank you in advance for my family ;)

Hugs,
Dena

Dee Light said...

So fun to have a song to go with your post!

Little one's do love small secret places don't they?

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

That is so sweet!
My adopted amish granddaughter went thru the pocket thing last year and everytime I went to visit her I would put something fun in my pocket so she would discover it when she went thru my pockets!
It was fun for both of us!
Now, when I see her I have something in my hand closed up and I would sneak it into her apron pocket for her to discover!

Have a fun day,
Hugz, Dolly
{your birthday buddy}

Anonymous said...

Hi DeeDee, You have no idea how much I would love to come and visit you and go antiquing. Love your pockets post. Little ones love to discover things and it's so much fun to watch their wonderment. Come back and visit me. I am having my 100th post give-away. xo Lynn

Anonymous said...

Hey Dee,
I hope to stuff those pockets before long...,her smile is as big as the ocean. You may be onto something with the caves and pockets...next it will be pocket books where she can put more things. Give her hugs. Love, Mom/Sandy

Back Through Time said...

Such a cute post! I remember my son loving his pockets! Enjoy the "pocket days", they go so fast....
Have a wonderful week!
Michelle

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oooh...watch out...now you'll have to remember to check her pockets before throwing them in the washer!!
I like the song...goes well with the post!
Blessings,
Robin

Sherry said...

Pockets, secret hiding places, putting things away and taking them out again -- it's the whole discovery mode of "I don't see it, but I know where it is"...the age of 2 is one of the most awesome in all their years of growth. I still to this day am amazed and overjoyed when I meet a 2 year old -- my very favourite age for a growing child.