Saturday, January 19, 2008

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night!

Yes, it's Saturday night and I'm blogging. (And I absolutely LOVED that song as a kid and thought it would be fun to hear it, so enjoy!)

Today I worked on my Vintage Heart Swap gift. How much fun is this? There is a little shop I just discovered a couple of weeks ago in the next little town over from us, called the Mossy Cottage. They have some of the most incredible hand-made things there. I talked to the owner Grace, last weekend, and I am trying to convince her that she needs to have a website and a blog!

I bought the most adorable little bucket for Alexandra's crayons and markers. Isn't it precious? Her room is pink and green, so this is just perfect!

I also picked up a couple of other little goodies for the heart swap, but I can't show you just yet. I must say that being surrounded by all of these talented people has given me the itch to get crafty again. We'll have to see what happens!

I hope you can see these pictures. These are pictures of me as a little one (gotta loves those pants on my older brother!!!). And below is Alexandra just a couple of days ago. Do you see any resemblance?














Well, wherever you are on this Saturday night, I hope you are cozy! It is only 10 degrees here in Middle TN...brrrrrrr!



11 comments:

Back Through Time said...

I just think that bucket is darling! It was zero here in Indiana this morning. Hope you are keeping cozy and warm!!
Michelle

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Dee Dee...that lil bucket is so pretty! I love the photos of you and your brother...yes..love those outfits we used to wear!! LOL
Blessings for a great weekend!
Robin

Anonymous said...

Hey DeeDee, It's pretty cold here too but I guess it's about time for some cold weather. Mossy House sounds like a shop I would adore going to. We have a little shop here called Moss House. It's a converted old house so it's fun to go thru it. We will visit it when you come. Your darling does resemble you. Loved seeing the old photos. xoxo Lynn

Anonymous said...

Oops....I meant Mossy Cottage. :)

Michelle said...

The bucket is sweet.. I love finding little shops in my own neighborhood. The old photos are pretty special and yes, I see the resemblance!

Stay warm!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Darling bucket..Allee can learn about organization. She is so much like you..not just her beautiful blue eyes. Enjoy your treasure shopping. Sandy/Mom

Linda said...

Hi DeeDee, cold here too.
Cute,cute family pictures...I love the sundress and I do see a resemblance.
The Mossy Cottage sounds like a sweet shop I'd like. Have a nice evening. Linda

Dee Light said...

What a cute bucket!!
Love the photos.

Sherry said...

What a cute bucket -- perfect for a child's room -- crayons, markers -- fab idea!!

I'm having fun getting my heart things ready too -- trying to find interesting things is a challenge though!!

Hopefully you will feel like crafting and being creative -- getting the artistic juices flowing -- perhaps you need a bucket just like Alexandra's for yourself?!? Remember mama...we have to take care of our needs too!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee Dee, that bucket is so cute! And look at you as a little girl, your dress is soo sweet and your curls, cutie pie! Brr that is cold! Keep warm :) Jenn and Jacqui

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee Dee..I seen the pics of you when you were little one time before but i cant rember where i seen them..lol..maybe because im the little one thats standing by you at the door. :) guess who that is?