Saturday, February 23, 2008

I Gotta Lotta Bloggin' To Do!

I can't believe it's been over a week since I've posted. Wow time flies...

In honor of two of my favorite bloggin' ladies - Jenn and Jacqui - this is going to be a longer than usual post! (They're well known for their lengthy albeit FABULOUS posts!) It's Saturday night, so grab a glass of wine (or a cup of tea if that's more your style) and hang out with me for a while. We've got a lot of catching up to do.

My Vintage Heart Swap
Recently, I participated in my first swap and it was so much fun! I had a blast putting together a selection of goodies for my swap partner Lonnie. The swap was hosted by my birthday buddy Dolly. When my box arrived, it felt like Christmas. Take a peek at what was inside...




Isn't it gorgeous!











I absolutely LOVE the LOVE plate!








Beautiful Tags...







And this precious kitchen towel (I have a thing for cool kitchen towels!)










This tag was attached (reminds me of you, Aunt Lynn!)













And an close up of this gorgeous piece. See how well it matches my kitchen? Also included in all those goodies was a whole bunch of DARK CHOCOLATE. I don't know about you, but it's my favorite. As a matter of fact, I'm enjoying some now ;-). I know a lot of people who don't like dark chocolate...and that's ok - more for me!!!

I can't say thank you enough to Lonnie - my first swap was incredible! And thanks to Dolly for being such a gracious host!



Paying It Forward
[payitforward.jpg]

Here's a chance to get a surprise from me, on a surprise date, in the next 365 days.
(I'm responding to this via Robin at Bittersweet Punkin)

Here are the rules:
1.~Leave a comment on my blog that says you want to play. First three folks to comment and PLAY will get a gift from ME. (If I don't know it already, let me know how I can contact you, an e-mail is fine.)

2.~Do the same thing on your blog! The first three folks who leave a comment and commit to doing this on their blog, too, will get a surprise from YOU at a surprise time in the next 365 days! This should prove to be fun.....and interesting.This is a great way to make new friends too.....let's see what happens. Just copy this post...pic and all..and use it on your post.

I am really looking forward to doing this, so please sign up ;-) And to quote Robin, "I can personally guarantee that you will get MY surprise sooner than later because I am in remission from the Procrastinator's Club of America. I'm getting better...thanks for the concern." This made me laugh out loud when I read it and I could totally relate!

Ok, it's almost 11:30 p.m., which is WAY past my bedtime, so I've got to shut it down. I just can't go on anymore tonight. And for those of you who are getting antsy for Alexandra pics and info (you know who you are!!!) I PROMISE it is coming...possibly tomorrow!

Cheers and Good Night!
Dee Dee

11 comments:

AudreyO said...

I just love the kitchen towels. Nice job.

Back Through Time said...

Cute swap stuff! I have been so busy I haven't stopped over for a while, I love your new look!
Hope you are having a cozy Sunday!
Michelle

Michelle said...

Wow! Your Valentine swap goodies are so pretty..I love the silver heart dish!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

I am in love with that black container and lol....it's funny you said that tag reminds you of me because I made some very similar to those. They are in the boutique and called Rose Cameo tags. I received a silver heart dish very similar to yours as a wedding gift. Ha! That was a long time ago. Looks like you had a grand first swap. xo Lynn

BittersweetPunkin said...

Don't forget to email me address for the pay it forward present......

Love your goodies!
Hugs,
Robin

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Hey Hey Birthday Bud,
I love your vintage heart swap goodies from Lonnie!
That heart dish is wonderful!

I have a surprise for you on my blog!

XXOO, Dolly

2 more days!!!!!!!

I mailed your birthday presents on saturday...I am keeping my fingers crossed thatyou receive them on wednesday!

Linda said...

Hi Dee Dee, What sweet swap goodies, love, love everything especially the the silver heart.
Guess what I want now?? Yup..some dark chocolate...Hugs, Linda

Esther Sunday said...

Very sweet stuff! You are able to stay up til 11:30? If I am up past 8:30, my computer monitor is in danger of getting damaged when my head drops. Not good, cuz apparently heading dropping on computer montitors is not covered under my homeowners. Love, Esther

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUU
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU DEEDEE!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD.....
I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY, FILLED WITH PRESENTS, CAKE AND LOTS OF HUGZ!

XXOO,
Dolly

Linda said...

Hi Dee Dee, hope all is well. Miss you. Linda

Felicia said...

Thanks for stopping by today and for sharing your amazing deals at CVS!