Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Objects of My Affection


Today being Valentine's Day, I started thinking about all of the different ways we show someone that we love them. For me, it's the little things, gestures that might otherwise go un-noticed that really get to me. Take this picture for instance. Last week when I was on "hiatus" from the world, Alexandra really wanted her toenails painted. Well, it was Daddy to the rescue. No questions asked..."I'll do it" he offered without even as much as batting an eye. That, to me, is LOVE.
So on this day set aside for showing those closest to you how much you love them, give them a big squeeze, and do something nice. Make them a cup of coffee, give them control of the remote, put their towels in the dryer to get them nice and warm for a shower. And by all means, tell them you love them. That never goes out of style. Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My! That is just too too precious. I have one of Gary on the teeter totter with Boo. I just love it. Happy Valentine's Day Dee. xo Lynn

Alison Gibbs said...

What a great Daddy.
It is all about the things you do for each other every day not just valentine's Day
Alison

Linda said...

Hi Dee Dee, what a darling picture. Your DH is a sweet daddy and your little girl is just precious. Happy Valentine's Day, I hope your day was special. Hugs, Linda

ps.. For me the secret to being married to my honey for 46 years is...patience, good communication and a sense of humor. L.

BittersweetPunkin said...

What a precious photo!!What a little Diva she is....so cute!

Unknown said...

Since I can't have you close to me I am so glad that you and Alexandra have Brandt/Daddy to show you some TLC. This is a very special picture that Alee will really treasure one day. Love your Swap items that must have been fun to receive. Love. Mom/Nana